The tantric philosophy includes using tantric sex to explore new pleasurable experiences. Tantric sex involves exploring yourself internally and externally. If you have a partner, it can allow you to achieve a deeper, more intimate bond by exploring new sensual experiences together.
What Is Tantra?
Tantra is a spiritual path that originated in India. Practitioners of tantra try to establish a union with all life to transcend a separate sense of self. Tantra is a Sanskrit word that translates to "weave." It refers to weaving together the masculine and feminine and the human and divine. Tantric sex is one aspect of tantra that uses connected sexual intimacy to align your sexual and spiritual energies.
What Are the Origins of Tantra?
The origins of tantra are not well understood due to a lack of historical records from when it emerged. Tantric traditions developed within Hinduism during the Gupta Dynasty in India in the first millennium CE. Tantric practices have been associated with black magic in India. There are many different tantric scriptures in Hinduism and Buddhism, most of which were believed to have been initially passed down by deities.
Are there Different Types of Tantras?
Several spiritual paths fall under the realm of tantra, which are examples of classical tantra that are part of Hindu and Buddist religious traditions. Tantric sex is part of neo-tantra, which Westerners generally mean when they talk about this practice. Over the past 150 years, it has developed and aims to foster a deeper connection between the body and emotions.
How Can You and Your Partner Prepare to Explore Tantric Sex?
Tantric sex is about physical and spiritual awareness. It allows you to become more in tune with your body. If you have a partner, it can foster a deeper bond between the two of you. If you're interested in how to practice tantric sex with your partner, keep these tips in mind:
- Don't confuse your partner with a litany of Sanskrit words. Just tell them what you enjoy about your sex life and that you're interested in enhancing it.
- Listen to your partner. They may be open to exploring tantric sex, or they may be opposed to the idea. Either way, you need to respect their feelings.
- Find a teacher. If your partner is open to exploring tantric sex with you, you both may benefit from the guidance of an experienced teacher.
Take a look: How to give Sensual Massages?
How Should the Environment Be Set for Exploring Tantric Sex?
Tantric sex is about the journey, so your environment can greatly impact your ability to be present at the moment. Since part of tantric sex involves getting to know yourself, everyone will have their preferences about what makes the perfect environment. However, here are some good general tips for creating a welcoming space to explore your sexuality:
- Think of your senses. You want to create an environment that will create luxurious physical sensations.
- Set the mood with music. Put on something sensual that you can move with but won't be harsh or distracting.
- Check the temperature. If it's cold outside, warm up the room, so it's nice and cozy. Set the temperature low enough to be comfortable but not chilly if it's hot.
- Add a soft glow. Use candles or tinted lightbulbs to provide flattering, soft lighting.
- Make your space smell good. Use scented candles, incense, or essential oils to fill your room with a sensual scent. However, ensure that it isn't overwhelming.
- Make it comfortable. Add some soft pillows and plush blankets to make your space more inviting.
Great Candles for Tantric Sex
Heat up your intimate pleasures and reach new heights of intimacy with these outstanding products infused with nature`s own attractant, pheromones.
Fuzu Massage Candle Fiji Dates Lemon 4oz - Massage Candles Moisturizer, scent and illumination. Low melting point. Dual wicks and pour spouts. Burn time up to 30 hours.
Transport yourself to paradise with our smooth, gliding Hemp Seed Massage Lotion. With an inviting scent and satin feel, this deeply moisturizing lotion can elevate any massage into an oasis so your body and mind feel refreshed.
How Do You Explore Tantric Sex Individually?
If you don't have a partner or your partner isn't interested in practicing tantric sex, you can experience tantric sex solo. Follow these tips to explore on your own:
- Prepare for yourself just as you would with a partner. Create a sensual environment. Take a bath or shower and dress in something that makes you feel good about yourself. Turn off your phone and minimize distractions.
- Focus on your breath. Put one hand on your abdomen and one on your heart while you inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth. Keep your breathing slow and deep.
- Explore your body. Let your hands wander over your body. Massage different areas of your body and focus on the sensations you feel.
- Follow your feelings. You can experiment with toys, lotions, or different positions if you want to continue. Tantric sex doesn't have to end in an orgasm, so you can always stop whenever you feel satisfied.
- Try edging. Edging is a sexual practice where you come to the brink of climax and then back off. You can repeat this as many times as you want before giving yourself an orgasm.
Take a look: How to have intense Orgasms?
How Do You Explore Tantric Sex with a Partner?
The purpose of tantric sex with a partner is to create a more intimate bond and explore sensual pleasure. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Start by facing each other with your clothes on. Gaze into each other's eyes. Focusing on your partner's eyes keeps you exposed.
Synchronize your breathing. Start by breathing in and out together, then switch to living in a while your partner breathes out and breathing out while your partner breathes in. Do this for at least 10 minutes.
Do the same process without your clothes. Sit naked with your legs wrapped around your partner.
- After the breath exchange, move into kissing and caressing each other. Maintain eye contact.
- Move into slow intercourse but keep kissing and caressing. You and your partner can experiment with maintaining each other's pleasure on the brink of orgasm without climaxing.
What Happens in a Tantric Sex Session?
Tantric sex is all about connection. Orgasm and even sex are optional. Immerse yourself fully in the experience and enjoy exploring sensual pleasure, either by yourself or with a partner.
What Are General Tips for Exploring Tantric Sex?
While everyone's journey will be unique if you're wondering how to do tantric sex, here are some general ideas:
- Go slow. Whatever you are doing, take your time and fully explore your sensations.
- Focus on your breathing. This will help you stay in the present moment.
- Engage all of your senses. Focus on the sound, taste, and touch of what you're doing.
- Explore all of your partner's bodies. Don't just focus on the prominent erogenous zones.
- Experiment with something different, whether it's a new position or something kinky.
What Are the Positions for Tantric Sex?
There are no specific positions for tantric sex, but here are some that are commonly used for couples:
- Lotus position. Have your partner sit cross-legged. Sit on top of your partner's upper thighs and cross your legs behind their back.
- Hand on heart position. Sit cross-legged facing your partner, then each of you places your right hand on the other's heart
- You have relaxed arch position. Have your partner sit on the bed or floor with their legs straight out. Sit on your knees on your partner's lap and slowly arch back until your head rests between your partner's legs. Grab hold of your partner's legs or feet.
What Are the Benefits Associated with Tantric Sex?
Tantric sex is natural, and practicing it can improve your relationship and sexual pleasure. Intimacy can be achieved through tantric sex. Focusing on your breath and your connection with your partner can help create a robust and intimate bond. This can help you both feel more loving, closer, and more compassionate towards each other.
The slow pace of tantric sex allows you to explore your sexual range and pleasures fully with your partner. Instead of rushing through to a climax, you can savor each other's bodies and experience a connectedness that goes far beyond orgasm.
Though there are myths and inaccuracies surrounding tantric sex, the truth is that tantra has something for everyone. It isn't just about sex or orgasm, but about discovering yourself, aligning your sexual and spiritual self, and connecting with your partner on a deep, meaningful level.
Here are some products that can help you as you embark on your tantric journey:
What Is Tantric Sex? How To Practice Tantra's Intimate Form Of Sex. (June 2020). mgbrelationships.
Tantra and the Tantric Traditions of Hinduism and Buddhism. (April 2016). Oxford Research Encyclopedias, Religion.
How to Practice Tantric Sex: 26 Tips for Masturbation and Partner Play. (October 2018). Healthline.
How to Practice Tantric Sex With a Partner or Solo. (December 2020). MasterClass.
Alright, Tell Me More About Tantric Sex. (August 2020). Reader's Digest Best Health.